Latest Current Affairs 2016, Current Affairs September 2016 Quiz to prepare for Competitive/Government exams of Bank Exams, SSC, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IAS, JEE, UPSC, Railways, CTET available here.
Today Current Affairs 2016 Quiz:Job seekers preparing for various government exam must be aware of Latest Current Affairs happening in the world and nearby. In each governmental selection test, the exam conducting body includes GK section which known as the current affair. So if you are preparing for Bank Exams, SSC, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, IAS, JEE, UPSC, Railways, CTET and other competitive exams and want to read National, International affairs then you have visited the best place.
On this place, we are updating date wise current affairs which help you to in the competitive examination. In GK part lots of questions set from Current Affairs topics. So you must be aware of the Latest important Current Affairs 2016.
Are you reading News Paper, Magazines, News of Internet? If yes, so here we have updated the information that what are you looking for. Once you start reading this article on the regular basis, we don’t think so that you have to go anywhere on other sites. Our expert team is working on this article by 24*7 to provide all the Current Affairs happening around the world.
We have come up with the latest article that written to give the latest news to our readers daily. Candidates who wish to multiply their GK should have to keep visiting www.isarkariresult.com for the latest stuff. After bookmarking this website, you do not have to read newspaper, magazine just visit this page and read it.
Check: Free Job Alert
Latest Current Affairs 2016
- History-India and World
- Cultural Heritage
- Geography-India and World
- About India
- Indian National Movement
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Science and Technology
Current Affairs November 2016
- The Supreme Court on November 25, 2016, banned the sale of firecrackers in Delhi and the NCR region.
- Rajasthan government has decided to start an initiative “Annapurna rasoi programme” to provide quality meal at cheap price to people belonging to the weaker section and labourers.
- rime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 51st Annual Conference of Directors General and Inspectors General of Police of States and UTs and Heads of Central Police Organisations at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad.on November 26,2016
- Union Government in the second phase has sanctioned two Regional Benches, one at Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh and another one at Jammu
- INOX Leisure, multiplex chain in India has parterned with State Bank of India(SBI) to enable cash withdrawal of Rs 2000 at their multiplex.
- Google on November 23, 2016, announced the seven Indian startups that will join the third edition of Launchpad Accelerator programme at Google Headquarters in Silicon Valley, California.
- M C Mary Kom, a celebrated Indian boxer, will be honored with the ‘Legends Award’ from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary ceremony which is to be held in Switzerland on December 20, 2016.
- Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajpathi Raju has launched the AirSewa portal and mobile app on November 25, 2016 in New Delhi.
- Sachin Singh (49kg) wins Gold Medal at the Aiba Youth World Boxing Championships St Petersburg 2016 held at St Peterburg, Russia on 26 November 2016. He defeated Jorge Grinan of Cuba.
Current Affairs September 2016
- Digital payments platform FreeCharge named Kunal Shah as chairman, and Govind Rajan as CEO.
- Ajay Mittal appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Anurag Thakur elected as 34th President of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) till September 2017.
- Ashok Leyland re-appointmented Vinod K Dasari as Managing Director(MD) for 5 years.
- Baciro Dja named as new Prime Minister of Guinea Bissau (Country in West Africa).
- Belgium’s Mourad Laachraoui won gold in European Taekwondo Championships and will nocompete in this summer’s Rio Olympics. Note that hs is brother of Paris Blasts Accused Najim Laachraoui.
- Bhim Sain Bassi appointed as Member of Union Public Service Commission.
- Binali Yildirim chosen as Turkey’s Prime Minster.
- Bollywood Actor R Madhavan became goodwill ambassador of LEPRA India organization that fights against diseases like leprosy and tuberculosis.
- Bombay High Court Advocate Atma Ram Nadkarni is appointed as Additional Solicitor General.
- 5 Indians – Shubhkaran Yadav, Manish Malik, Rakesh Kumar and Amal Deka have been chosen posthumously for United Nations Dag Hammarskjold Medal for their courage and sacrifice. They are among 124 personnel who have been posthumously awarded a prestigious UN medal.
- Han Kang became First South Korean author to win Man Booker International Prize after she won 2016 Prize for her novel The Vegetarian.
- Actress Celina Jaitly honoured by Harvey Milk Foundation for her contribution to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) equality as a United Nations Equality Champion.
- Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Project won World Summit on Information Society (WSIS) 2016 prize in e-Agriculture category. Harita-Priya (Harmonized Information of Agriculture, Revenue and Irrigation for a Transformation Agenda – Precision Technology for Agriculture) Project is meant to collect very specific climate data from farms and give farmers personalised information through SMS.
- Bharti Enterprises founder Sunil Bharti Mittal honored with 2016 Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award.
- British director Ken Loach’s film I, Daniel Blake won Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival. It was Loach’s second award for best picture at the festival after 2006’s The Wind That Shakes the Barley.
- Corporation Bank received excellence award on empowering MSMEs by Federation of Industry, Trade and Services (FITS).
- Former ISRO Chairman Udupi Ramachandra Rao became first Indian to be given Hall of Fame Award by International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
- Indian American professor Rakesh K. Jain will be presented 2015 National Medal of Science of USA.
- Indian American teenager from Texas Syamantak Payra won $50,000 Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award for his work in making a low-cost electronically-aided knee brace device which allows people with weakened legs to be able to walk better.
- Book A Call to Mercy: Hearts to Love, Hands to Serve has been released. It is collection of previously unreleased writings by Mother Teresa and has been compiled by Rev. Brian Kolodiejchuk.
- Book Anubandh: Building 100-mile communities is authored by Ela Bhatt.
- Book Chaos and Caliphate: Jihadis and the West in the Struggle for the Middle East authored by Patrick Cockburn has been released.
- Book Chaos and Caliphate: Jihadis and the West in the Struggle for the Middle East, has been authored by Patrick Cockburn (Ireland).
- Book Dr. Ambedkar: Life and Mission has been authored by Dhananjay Kheer.
- Book Exploring Marxist Bengal, authored by Debraj Bhattacharya has been released.
- Book Great Acceleration: How the World is Getting Faster, Faster, is authored by Robert Colvile.
- Book Gujarat Files: Anatomy of a Cover Up, authored by Rana Ayyub has been released.
- Book Incarnations : India in 50 lives, is authored by Sunil Khilnani.
- Book India vs Pakistan: Why Cant we just be Friends, written by Husain Haqqani has been released.
- A bug over half a metre long (62.4 centimetres ) discovered in southern China has been declared worlds longest insect amongst 807,625 known insects.
- Committee headed by T S R Subramanian set up to formulate new National Education Policy submitted its report to Human Resource Development (HRD) ministry.
- Government constituted 11 members committee under D B Shekatkar to recommend measures to enhance combat capabilities of armed forces and re-balance overall defence expenditure.
- Government constituted a 5 Member Committee under N.K. Singh, to give recommendations on FRBM (Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management) roadmap for future In pursuance of Budget Announcement 2016-17.
- Government constituted a committee under Sanjay Mitra (Secretary of Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways), to prepare a policy framework for taxi and other transport operators.
- H.R. Nagendra Committee on Yoga Education in Universities submitted its report to the Government .
- Neeraj Kumar Gupta committee constituted by government and Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to boost cashless transactions.
- Parkash Singh committee submitted its report on Jat Quota in Haryana.
- Supreme Court appointed 3-three-member committee under RM Lodha to oversee functions of Medical Council of India (MCI).
- 1 May – Labor Day / International Workers’ Day / May Day.
- 10 May – World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) with 2016 theme Stop the Illegal Killing, Taking and Trade of Migratory Birds.
- 11 May – National Technology Day. 2016 Theme is Technology enablers of Startup India‘. The day marks several technological achievements for India including –
- First of five tests of Operation Shakti (Pokhran-II) nuclear test, held on 11 May 1998 in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
- First indigenous aircraft Hansa-3 was test flown at Bangalore and successful test of Trishul missile held on the same day.
- 14 May – World Fair Trade Day (Second Saturday of May Each Year).
- 15 May – International Day of Families. Theme for 2016 is Families, healthy lives and sustainable future.
- 16 May – National Day for Disease of Dengue. Government of India recently declared May 16 as National Dengue Day to mark the toll the deadly disease has been taking in terms of lives and to reaffirm nationwide efforts to tackle it.
- 17 May – 2016 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day. Theme is ICT entrepreneurship for social impact.
- 17 May – World Hypertension Day. Theme is Know Your Numbers
- 29 May – International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers. 2016 theme is Honouring Our Heroes.
- 3 May – World Press Freedom Day, observed by United Nations. 2016 Theme is Access to Information and Fundamental Freedoms – This Is Your Right!”. 2016 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize has been honoured to Khadija Ismayilova, an investigative journalist from Azerbaijan.
- Government revised rehabilitation of bonded labour scheme, bringing it into the Central sector. Scheme proposes to increase the Budget provision from rs. 5 crore to about Rs. 47 crore per annum.
- UK-based Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) will shut down its corporate, institutional and retail banking operations in India. RBS currently operates 10 retail branches in India employing 400 people.
- Government allowed 100 % foreign direct investment (FDI) in asset reconstruction companies (ARCs) under automatic route, up from 49%.
- National stock exchange will launch a new trade receivable and credit exchange platform for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). This It will help MSMEs to file their bill against large companies.
- AP Disaster Recovery Project (APDRP) will be funded jointly by World Bank and Andhra Pradesh government in ratio 68 (World Bank) : 32 (AP Govt.). World Bank will finance 1,550 crore and AP government will spend 670 crore) in the project.
- According to USA based global rating agency Fitch, India’s economic growth rate will accelerate to 8% by 2018-2019. India’s GDP to grow 7.5% in 2015-2016 and improve to 7.7% in 2016 – 2017 and 7.9% in 2017-2018.
- As per Government Data, India’s GDP Growth rate in Last Quarter of 2015-16 (Jan – Mar 2016) stayed at 7.9 %, Taking India’s GDP growth rate during 2015-16 to 7.6 %. In 2015-16, India’s quarter wise GDP Growth has been –
- First Quarter (April 2015 – June 2015) – 7.5 %
- Second Quarter (July 2015 – September 2015) – 7.6 %
- Third Quarter (October 2015 – December 2015) – 7.2 %
- Fourth Quarter (Jan 2015 – March 2016) – 7.9 %
- As per Government Data, India’s per capital income rose by 7.4 % to Rs 93,293 in 2015-16, compared to Rs 86,879 in the 2014-15.
- As per National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), Indias GDP growth rate is projected to 7.6 % in FY 16 (2015-16) and 7.7 % FY 17 (2016-17) because of a favourable monsoon.
- As per report by Assocham-KPMG, India emerged as worlds fifth largest electronic waste (e-waste) producer and India discards 18.5 lakh tonnes of e-waste each year. India is worlds second largest mobile market with 1.03 billion subscribers, nearly 25% of it end up in e-waste annually.
- Central Asian state leaders inaugurated Central Asia South Asia (CASA-1000) transmission line in Tajikistan to link Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan and Pakistan and to promote regional stability.
- India’s renewable energy sector has been ranked third in the Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) with China at second and the US on top. Index ranks 40 markets on the attractiveness of their renewable energy investment and deployment opportunities.
- Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines will conduct coordinated sea patrols and establish a hotline to combat piracy and kidnappings in waters bordering the three nations.
- 19 Singaporean terms and 13 Hong Kong terms were added into Oxford English Dictionary (OED) and became officially recognised as acceptable English. Some of words are –
- Wah – expression of delight or surprise.
- Shiok – cool / great / delicious / superb.
- Yum cha – a type of Chinese brunch.
- Wet market – a market selling fresh meat and produce.
- Blur – confused / ignorant.
- Sabo – to harm or play a prank on.
- Sandwich class – informal term used to refer to middle class
- Milk tea – drink made from black tea and milk
- Shroff – a cashier, especially at a car park
- 3 Indian origin persons have been named among 100 highest-paid CEOs globally. PepsiCo’s Indra Nooyi (22.2 Million USD), LyondellBasell’s Bhavesh Patel (24.5 Million), Microsoft’s Satya Nadella ($18.3 Million).
- 57km (35-mile) twin-bore Gotthard base tunnel opened in Switzerland. It is now world’s longest Train Tunnel and will provide high-speed rail link under Swiss Alps between northern and southern Europe. It is meant to revolutionise European freight transport. The tunnel has overtaken Japan’s 53.9km Seikan rail tunnel as the longest in world.
- Diameter is 8.5 Metres, 2300 Metre Depth and it has been built by cost of 12.27 Billion USD (80000 Crore Approx).
- About India – India’s Longest rail tunnel is Pir Panjal Railway Tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir with Length of 11.215 KM.
- A Genetic study confirmed that Bene Israel community living in the western part of India has roots of Jewish Religion.
- A massive wildfire struck city of Fort McMurray in Alberta province of Western Canada, causing huge damages.
- According to IMF (International Monetary Fund), Financial inequality is highest in India and China among Asia Pacific countries. China and India’s rapid growth has been accompanied by increasing levels of inequality. Inter provincial inequality is lower in India than in China, and rising inequality in India is primarily in urban phenomenon.
- According to a study by Organisation Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and European Unions Intellectual Property Office, India is 5th biggest exporter of fake goods in world. List is topped by China, followed by Turkey, Singapore and Thailand.
Keep visiting this site to get fresh information on Latest Current Affairs 2016, write suggestions or opinion using below comment box.